[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 3.0 todo list

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Aug 12 15:30:59 CEST 2013

nkarageuzian at gmail.com writes:

 > I'm looking forward mailman 3 to find efficient archive UI, with posting
 > from web feature (just like in http://groupserver.org/)

I don't see a reply, so even though I'm not the best person to answer
this I'll take a hack at it.

There were two or three proposals related to this feature for GSoC
this year.  The one directly targeting this feature didn't make the
cut.  There's another, more ambitious, project to create a user
interface for reading, posting, archive browsing, and user profile
updates, which is being supervised by a mentor from the Systers.

However, neither of these seems like it will be ready for prime time
soon.  I don't think the student who proposed the feature to Mailman
was serious about it, he was just hoping to get a GSoC internship.  I
doubt he's working on it (anyway, we haven't heard a peep from him
since).  The Systers student is working on something specifically for
use of Systers, and I don't know whether we can integrate it into
Mailman 3 directly.

 > Should i consider pipermail or Postorious for rendering ?

Pipermail is dead.  Postorius is an option for UI, but it's not really
about viewing or posting messages, it's more for admin (both list and
user profiles).  The archive manager under development currently is
HyperKitty, which you can find out more about from
https://github.com/hyperkitty/hyperkitty.

Steve