[Mailman-Developers] Changes to on-line documentation ( was Re: (no subject) )

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Thu Feb 21 17:26:03 CET 2013

First: Sandesh, could you start using relevant subject lines on your
emails?  Posting once with no subject looks like a mistake, but posting
repeatedly with no subject is terrible mailing list etiquette and looks
particularly bad when you're hoping to work with people who develop
mailing list software.

It's bad etiquette because it makes it more difficult for people to
prioritize what they read at a glance or find a particular message of
yours if they've thought of some new information and want to go back and
reply later.  See more on good subject lines here:
http://mno.org.uk/email-list-etiquette/ (or just do a google search --
lots of sites have different etiquette guidelines, but you'll notice a
lot of commonalities.

On 13-02-21 5:28 AM, Sandesh Agrawal wrote:
> What is the procedure to commit changes in the on-line documentation
> so that i can upload my changes for merge proposal .

The documentation that I think you mean can be found under
src/mailman/docs/ in your mailman directory.   You might want to read up
a bit on the .rst format, but it's mostly intuitive.  If you're not sure
exactly where the bit you want is, try grepping for a longer phrase near
where you want to edit.

If you mean wiki documentation, though, that's separate and not strictly
necessary for a merge proposal, although always recommended!

  Terri