[Mailman-Developers] Adding DMARC support for Mailman 3

Franck Martin franck at peachymango.org
Mon Jul 8 17:34:03 CEST 2013

----- Original Message -----

> From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <superuser at gmail.com>

Mailman 2 read already the substring, and it is common practices amongst ESP to do that to better classify bounces, at least between soft and hard bounces ( http://www.boogietools.com/Products/Windows/BounceStudioEnterprise/Email-Bounce-Categories.asp )

I suspect this process has been improved in MM3, but I have not had a look at the code. The purpose is for mailman to recognize 5.7.x bounces and not count them against the recipient (or as soft bounce). Hard bounce is the default for any non recognized bounce.

Finally, yes, DMARC should register X.7.17 on http://www.iana.org/assignments/smtp-enhanced-status-codes/smtp-enhanced-status-codes.xml