[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 3.0 todo list

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Jul 15 16:28:18 CEST 2013

Geoff Shang writes:

 > The reason why I'm asking is that I'm in need of some Mm3 features
 > and was wondering if it was ready for limited deployment, and if
 > so, what those limits currently are.

The list server is in beta, when combined with Postfix as the MTA.
Interfaces to other MTAs have not yet been created yet.

The archiver and the web interface are at best early beta, but there
are running prototypes.  You can substitute a 3rd party service like
mail-archive.com if that is satisfactory.

The User model remains somewhat incomplete.  By that I mean that we
don't have a successful integration of Mailman users with "enterprise"
user databases.  The linkage seems a bit ad hoc in the prototypes that
GSoC students are working on.

There are no deployments I know of, although Barry may.  (I'm leaving
out people who are playing with betas; by "deployment" I mean
"supporting real work".)  The GSoC mentors and students are discussing
setting one up that we can experiment either.

HTH

Steve