[Mailman-Developers] Wiki Migration Update

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jul 27 02:07:18 CEST 2013

On 07/26/2013 03:59 PM, Paul Boddie wrote:

> On the subject of home pages, users can create their own after creating an
> account, but it is also possible to impose textchas on the registration
> process itself.

That is in fact what I do. I have one TextCha question, "What is the
account creator password?" and the answer is given to people out of band.

I also have a SuperGroup whose members are all the other groups, and
(indirect) members of the SuperGroup are exempt from TextChas.

This way, one needs to establish contact before registering, and once
registered and added to at least one group, they can proceed with
minimal hinderance.

> The global ACLs may also prevent the creation of home pages
> through things like the MyPages action, but I haven't really checked this.

I'm pretty sure this is the case.