[Mailman-Developers] Wiki Migration Update

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Mon Jun 17 17:57:58 CEST 2013

On Monday 17 June 2013 17:13:01 Barry Warsaw wrote:

> Oh, I'm just pining for Guido's old FAQwizard.  It was nice to be able to
> just add questions and answers, with a minimal amount of categorization and
> ordering, and then have them all collected and formatted correctly.  It's
> not that big of a deal - I was mostly wondering how other projects
> maintained their FAQ.

The FAQ wizard: those were the days! :-)

One thing I forgot about was the Python Wiki's "Asking for help" page, which
seems to have been broken after the restoration of that wiki:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/Asking_for_Help

A similar thing is done by MoinMoin:

http://moinmo.in/MoinMoinBugs

The person with the question (or bug in the latter case) makes a new page
using the form given for that purpose. They then fill out the template and
save the page. The page will then appear in the list of subpages on the
original page.

Again, this lacks control over things like ordering, and it's arguably one
step too many - it would be better to just be able to write a question into a
box and submit it - so perhaps something more sophisticated would be nice. I
have been working on a forms solution for Moin, and it probably isn't quite
ready, but maybe I can just finish it off and give it a spin.

Paul