[Mailman-Developers] Wiki Migration Update

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri Mar 8 00:27:31 CET 2013

On Thursday 07 March 2013 23:45:22 Terri Oda wrote:
> On 03/07/2013 02:58 PM, Paul Boddie wrote:
> > So, to follow up on this, I have updated the snapshot of migrated data:
> >
> > http://mmwiki.boddie.org.uk/
>
> Looking great, Paul!

Thanks!

> One possible item of concern is the way code snippets look here:
> http://mmwiki.boddie.org.uk/DEV/A%205%20Minute%20Guide%20to%20Get%20the%20M
>ailman%20Web%20UI%20Running%20%28only%20for%20development%29
>
> But I can see elsewhere that preformatted stuff is fine:
> http://mmwiki.boddie.org.uk/DOC/How%20can%20I%20Mass%20Subscribe%20a%20list
>%20with%20real%20names
>
> So it's possible that we'll need to just hand-fix that one page.

I think Moin has a problem with the generated syntax, and I'll try and figure
out what that problem is because I think I've seen it elsewhere.

> Also, in browsing the FAQ for that second example, I noticed it's
> telling me that a page doesn't exist and yet giving me links to more
> pages that it claims don't exist.  I assume this is still related the
> problem you were having earlier with question marks, I think it was?
> But it may need more checking if you thought that was fully fixed.

Yes, pages with question marks won't be served because of the mod_rewrite bug,
but I can assure you they are still there. I'll try and get my hosting
provider to suggest an alternative, but the preferred way of serving the
pages wouldn't suffer from this.

> Is there a plugin or something to have moin generate short links?  As
> you can tell from above, we're not exactly email-friendly (or readable)
> by default.

The %-encoding for spaces can be avoided by using underscores instead, which
Moin recognises as being equivalent and which helps quite a bit. Short links
could be done with redirect pages, and there may be some things that help
with this, but I don't recall seeing anything specific.

Paul