[Mailman-Developers] Error in Archive unpack while setting up mailman client 1.0.0

mahendra singh meena mahendra007.s at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 18:41:50 CET 2013

This is my first time I am setting up mailman.Using step-by-step
procedure from http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/A+5+minute+guide+to+get+the+Mailman+web+UI+running

when i am doing :-
$ cd mailman.client
$ python setup.py develop

I am gettin following error :-
Processing mocker-1.1.1.tar.bz2
error: Not a recognized archive type:
/tmp/easy_install-kM8hYI/mocker-1.1.1.tar.bz2

Any clue how to solve this ?
I asked the same on irc but i feel its quite inactive might be due to
the time-zone difference with other developers.

One more thing that I noticed during the same step is when it
downloads mocker and other requirements using script
python2.7/site-packages/distribute-0.6.10-py2.7.egg/setuptools/package_index.py
It takes proxy not into account when opening url in
open_with_auth(url).So, I think we shall modify it to take proxy
option also.

Please guide me if I have skipped any point or taken a wrong step.

Regards
Mahendra