[Mailman-Developers] GSoC Project Discussion - Web Posting Interface.

Peter Markou markoupetr at gmail.com
Wed May 8 15:13:59 CEST 2013

Hello to all the members of the community,

I've applied a proposal on Melange for the Web Posting Interface.
The major subject of this project, as described in the wiki, is to
allow logged in users to post message from the web interface and
integrate it into the appropriate pages(e.g the hyperkitty archives,
the postorius list settings pages).

Now regarding Richard's email, "GSoC Applicants". After having a
comprehensive examination in Hyperkitty I found that the functionality
for posting messages through web exists. After having a conversation
with abompard, that was confirmed. I suppose that if I complement this
functionality with some unit tests wouldn't mind(since unit tests are
missing).
So what's left for me is to:
-integrate/implement this functionality in the postorius list settings
pages and
-implement the features that I proposed, in order to make the mailman web
interface usable as a web forum.

These features are:
- User's filter tools,
- User Profiles(support for name, photo, bio, past posts & files,
statistics about posts)
- Top X Threads Of All-Time,
- Monthly List Health,
- Mentioned in Thread references,
- Keyword-Based Thread Browse(HK has support for tags on threads).

I would like to ask if someone is going to add any existing information to
User's
profile, so I could leverage this functionality. From mentors-developers  I
would
like their opinion/feedback about these features and if they fit to
Mailman's
web interface.

Best regards,
Peter Markou.