[Mailman-Developers] GSoC Project Discussion - Web Posting Interface.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu May 9 23:24:24 CEST 2013

On 05/09/2013 10:31 AM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:

> On 05/09/2013 01:06 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> Go to
>> <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/2013-May/023054.html>
>> and look at the mailto: link under 'dkg at fifthhorseman.net'.
>
> wow, great!  I have never looked at this link before because i always
> assumed it was a link to e-mail the original sender of the message.

It can be that. If the global setting ARCHIVER_OBSCURES_EMAILADDRS is
True (the default) the text will be of the form 'user at example.com'
and the link will address the list. If ARCHIVER_OBSCURES_EMAILADDRS is
False, the text will be of the form 'user<at-sign>example.com' and the
link will address the user, but in either case, the In-Reply-To= and
Subject= fragments will be included.