[Mailman-Developers] GSOC Project Discussion

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sun May 19 19:22:18 CEST 2013

varun sharma writes:

 > 1. The mail delivery will be stopped for moderators as well as list
 > owners. So the moderators should also not receive any "add request
 > pending" email during the vacation period.

Moderators and owners need to have their vacations treated differently
from other users, especially for mail forwarded from the -owner
alias.  ("Hi, this is your friendly ISP.  You have 24 hours to fix the
backscatter or we will consider you in breach of our AUP and terminate
your account.")

One possibility would be to switch notifications to "batch" (once a
day, once every couple of days) and send them as a digest rather than
individually.  This might also be a good possibility for users (but
the relevant batching period might be longer).