[Mailman-Developers] Concgrats and Welcome GSoC Students

Florian Fuchs flo.fuchs at gmail.com
Thu May 30 23:05:47 CEST 2013

Dear fellow Mailmaners, dear GSoC 2013 students,

let's congratulate Abhilash Raj and Manish Gill for their successful
Google Summer of Code 2013 applications!

Abhilash's project will be the integration of OpenPGP into the mailman core.

Manish will be working on a public facing, authenticated REST API.

Also, thank's so much to the other students who applied for a GSoC
slot this year! We really appreciate all the work you put into
crafting your applications. We got a number of very good proposals, so
the decision really wasn't easy. We'd be very happy to see you around
contributing to the Mailman project, even if it's not as a GSoC
student.

So what's next for our students? Coding will officially start on June
17, so this week and the two weeks after that should be used to get to
know the people you'll be working with (mentors, other Mailman coders
working on parts that are relevant to your project, other
students,...). The time before the coding start date should also be
spent reading documentation and/or asking any still unanswered
questions you might have about the existing code. It's also a good
time to make yourself familiar with the tools and processes we use
(version control, code reviewing etc.).

Please note that we expect you to write weekly blog posts containing
progress updates after June 17. So you might also want to set up a
blog before that date (or - if you already have one - a separate GSoC
category that can be aggregated via RSS).

So, once more, congratulations -- and happy coding!

Florian