[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 2.1.16 release.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Oct 17 07:22:33 CEST 2013

and On 10/16/2013 07:21 PM, Christopher Schulte wrote:
> Hi Mark, I pulled down
>
> http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/mailman/mailman-2.1.16.tgz
>
> and my list web interface shows version 2.1.16rc3.  Maybe someone
> forgot to bump Version.py ?

Actually, it's a bit more tangled than that. For those keeping score at
home, I have a script that I use to 1) bump the version 2) tag the
release and 3) package the tarball. The issue is step 1) bumps the
version, but doesn't commit, then step 2) tags the latest (prior) commit
and then commits, and step 3) packages the tagged version which doesn't
have the bump. Sometimes I remember to commit between steps 1) and 2),
and sometimes I don't.

I have updated the script to commit after the bump in step 1) which will
avoid this in the future I hope.

I have replaced the tarballs at the download sites:

https://launchpad.net/mailman/2.1/
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/mailman/
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mailman/

with ones that have the correct version. This is the only difference
between the new tarballs and the prior ones. If you downloaded one
earlier and care about the displayed version, you can either download a
new one or apply the attached Version.py.patch.