[Mailman-Developers] Mailman DMARC Support (it's not what you think!)

Jim Popovitch jimpop at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 00:17:17 CEST 2013

Hello,

Having read the archives, I see that (at least 6 of) you are aware of
DMARC, or as I like to call it YAPFS. (Yet Another Panacea For Spam)
:-)

Earlier this year Mark asked me to run by MM-Dev a patch that Phil
Pennock and I collaborated on.  Mark, thank you for your valuable
feedback, I have addressed all but 1 of those issues.

Phil's and my take is that mailing lists, like MTAs, have no business
modifying the From header; nor should mailing lists accept mail that
they knowingly can't reflect.  To that end, we have added support for
testing the From domain for a DMARC p=reject policy, and if it exists,
allowing lists to Accept/Hold/Reject/Discard the message.

Here is the LP diff for your perusal:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~jimpop/mailman/dmarc-reject/revision/1379?remember=1379&compare_revid=1374

I will soon be porting this to 3.0, and I will return here for input
on that as well.

Thank you everyone for your valued opinions,

-Jim P.