[Mailman-Developers] Mailman Suite beta: what's left?

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Tue Oct 29 22:35:28 CET 2013

Stephen, Florian and I had a nice discussion at the GSoC Mentor Summit
about what's left before we can release a beta of the entire Mailman
Suite (i.e. Mailman core, Postorius and Hyperkitty packaged together).
We're getting close!  In fact, close enough that I'm going to suggest
that we set a beta release target date of Dec 1st.

I know we had a list of 5 things... but for some reason I can't
remember all of them.  Florian, Stephen, can you chime in?

1. Need a Postorius interface for associating multiple email addresses
with a single account.  This is probably going to require either an
email verification, so we might want to have that as part Mailman Core
rather than doing it directly in Postorius.  Short term, I don't care
how it's done as long as it verifies that the user actually has access
to the addresses they link together.

2. Postorius & Hyperkitty need a bit more work on the authentication
management.  Florian indicated that he's looking for some code review
for the persona integration and that we'd really like a single sign on
solution for postorius/hyperkitty to work together seamlessly.

3. We need some nice install scripts or packaging work so that
installing Mailman Suite is easy.  Probably for beta purposes this can
just be a shell script, but we also talked about doing a meta "Mailman
Suite" PyPI package and maybe doing a .deb or .rpm as proof of concept.

4. ??
5. ??

Hopefully Florian and Stephen have better memories than I and can fill
those in.  Everyone else: anything you know that needs to happen before
we can get a Mailman Suite beta out?

  Terri