[Mailman-Developers] Author_is_list option in upcoming mailman 2.1.16

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Sep 19 04:49:19 CEST 2013

On 09/17/2013 06:21 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> I could actually implement this approach for the 2.1.16 release, but
> that would negate the i18n work that's already been done as the
> descriptive string on General Options would change, so I'm more inclined
> to label this feature as experimental and subject to change
> significantly in a future release.

I have had another thought. I will look at provisionally making
ALLOW_AUTHOR_IS_LIST a 3 way switch for 2.1.16 with 0 or False (No)
meaning current (2.1.15) behavior, 1 or True (Yes) meaning the 2.1.16rc1
behavior and 2 meaning the encapsulated message behavior.

If implementation doesn't turn into a can of worms or delay the release
too long, I'll do that and encourage interested people to try it and
report so we can get some practical experience with which to compare the
different approaches.

It will still be labeled experimental and subject to future change.