[Mailman-Developers] Author_is_list option in upcoming mailman 2.1.16

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Sep 19 05:15:53 CEST 2013

Mark Sapiro writes:

 > I have had another thought. I will look at provisionally making
 > ALLOW_AUTHOR_IS_LIST a 3 way switch for 2.1.16 with 0 or False (No)
 > meaning current (2.1.15) behavior, 1 or True (Yes) meaning the 2.1.16rc1
 > behavior and 2 meaning the encapsulated message behavior.

If you do, please change the name to "DKIM_CONFORMANCE_METHOD" or
similar.  But I don't think this is a very good API, because
"AUTHOR_IS_LIST"[1] and "DKIM_ARMOR" (= encapsulate messages) are
independent.  Of course if encapsulation is used, there's very little
point in rewriting "From".  But it doesn't interfere with doing so.

Footnotes:
[1]  Barf - can we name this something that isn't a lie, like
"LIST_REWRITES_FROM", or better "LIST_HIJACKS_FROM" to distinguish it
from the behavior of anonymous lists?