[Mailman-Developers] GSOC 2014: CI tool for the Mailman suite and postorius improvements

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Wed Apr 30 16:11:17 CEST 2014

Hi Varun, welcome to Mailman GSoC!

On Apr 30, 2014, at 12:24 PM, varun sharma wrote:

>Thanks for giving me opportunity to work with mailman community this
>summer. I'm an undergraduate student from Manipal Institute Of Technology,
>India and i'll be working on project "CI tool for the Mailman suite and
>postorius improvements".
>I would love to get feedback and suggestions from the community regarding
>my project which involves:
>1. CI tool for Mailman Suite (mailman core, postorius, hyperkitty)
>2. The UI Testing Framework for Postorius
>I am in process of discussing the best possible implementation for this
>project with my mentors and advice from the community for the same will be
>very helpful.

One of the things I think is critical for the core, is testing it against
supported the two supported db backends, SQLite and PostgreSQL.  Eventually
others if/when we get some contributions.  I'd also love to see some testing
against the major MTAs, and on other *nix platforms other than Ubuntu and
Debian.

Cheers,