[Mailman-Developers] [CLI Project] Added Backup and Restore Tool

Rajeev S rajeevs1992 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 20:57:41 CEST 2014

Hi,

As the Summer of Code period comes to an end, I am one more step closer
to completion of the
features mentioned in my proposal.

I have built the initial version of the backup and restore tool, that
currently supports backup
and restore of a sqlite Mailman Instance, by archiving the var_dir to a
zip archive.

Further, the CLI is now installable using `python setup.py install` and
the `mmclient` command is
added to the `bin`. So the commands can now begin as `mmclient ...`

I have also replaced the `in list` filter present in the `show`
commands, with a regular expression
matcher for better usability of the command.

I have begun code scrubbing and my primary aim will be improving the
documentation and
more importantly, continue writing unit tests from where I left off.

I expect to complete the tasks by the suggested pencil down date
[11/08/2014] and spend the last week
on improving the code structure, if possible anywhere.