[Mailman-Developers] About Mailman's unicode-enabled Message subclass

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Dec 1 19:47:07 CET 2014

Aurelien Bompard writes:

 > I'm really interested in any insight on this issue. Thanks for reading all
 > that :-)

RFC 2047 and RFC 2231 should be treated as wire protocol, and handled
at the bytes level.  I haven't looked at this in a while, but I'm
pretty sure Python 3's email module does this correctly.

I would say that the routines that do this decoding should return
bytes, and there should be called by the get() and __getitem__()
methods.

I don't have time to take a close look at the code until the weekend
at least.

Steve