[Mailman-Developers] About Mailman's unicode-enabled Message subclass
mark at msapiro.net
Tue Dec 2 05:43:57 CET 2014
On 12/01/2014 08:45 AM, Aurelien Bompard wrote:
> I'm really interested in any insight on this issue. Thanks for reading all
> that :-)
I just took a quick look, but I think the problem is likely that
email.message.Message.__getitem__() as follows:
def __getitem__(self, key):
# Ensure that header values are unicodes.
value = email.message.Message.__getitem__(self, key)
if isinstance(value, str):
return unicode(value, 'ascii')
If we trace back a bit in the code, email.message.get_param(...) does
for k, v in self._get_params_preserve(failobj, header):
and _get_params_preserve(...) does
value = self.get(header, missing)
which because of our override decodes the entire
"attachment; filename*=UTF-8''d%C3%A9jeuner.txt" string as ascii into
u"attachment; filename*=UTF-8''d%C3%A9jeuner.txt" which is then parsed
into the tuple (u'UTF-8', u'', u'd\xc3\xa9jeuner.txt').
It seems to me that any way to fix this is a horrible kludge. In
particular, the value portion of the tuple has already been garbled, and
I don't see a good way to fix it once it's been returned.
I've looked, again briefly because after a short time my head spun out
of control, at trying to fix it by overriding additional methods like
_get_params_preserve(), but I didn't get far.
Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> The highway is for gamblers,
San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan
More information about the Mailman-Developers