[Mailman-Developers] How can I run the REST tests against live servers?

Andrew Stuart andrew.stuart at supercoders.com.au
Thu Dec 11 21:52:06 CET 2014

I want to run the REST tests against my live Mailman server with its Postfix mail server and Postgres database, via:

nose2 -v -P rest

After many (many) hours of digging deep and figuring out how it works, I suspect at this stage that maybe the tests set up their own mock servers?  If so, I’m guessing these mock  servers are getting in the way of using the live servers and thus preventing the tests from running?

Assuming it is correct that the tests are setting up their own mock http smtp ltmp responders, is there a way to turn this behaviour off so the tests will run against my live REST/Postgres/Postfix?

thanks

Andrew