[Mailman-Developers] Python 3

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Mon Dec 29 00:26:48 CET 2014

On Dec 28, 2014, at 01:51 PM, Aurelien Bompard wrote:

>> As I mentioned, I think LMTP *could* work, but REST (inside HK) could
>> work too.  Aurelien, what do you think?
>
>I'd go with REST, it seems more flexible and we already have nice libraries
>for it.

REST will be very nice, and I think with something like Falcon, pretty easy to
implement.  You probably don't need the object-based (i.e. restish-like)
traversal stuff, but if so, I'd be happy to split that out into a separately
library that HK could use (and keep it bilingual).  Keep it simple, but think
through the resource tree and leave open some opportunities for expanding the
API later, both for use by MM3 and perhaps other scripting applications.

Cheers,
-Barry