[Mailman-Developers] Newbie questions on mailman dev

Surya kasturisurya at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 11:56:00 CET 2014

Hello there,

I am Surya trying to get my hands dirty with Mailman, solve some bugs - The
idea is to get familiar with codebase! For now, I thought to start with
Postorius.

I had successfully setup mailman development environment;
Just have few newbie questions. I appreciate if someone can help me on them
and possibly give a direction too!

1. I had created a test domain, test mailing list attached to it and few
test users
Now, I am trying to login as test users but its not happening.
Is think there might be some email validation. On a development server,
where can I hear those?

Having said that, I had looked into the code and noticed the below

1. postorius.models.MailmanUser class inherits from a base class which does
not belong inherit from AbstractBaseUser of django [Django isn't
recognizing these objects as users]

But the method postorius.views.user.user_login() expects django User
objects to authenticate!

I am a bit confused here.

Is there any doc I can read to get little bit more understanding of
codebase would also be great.

Thanks
Surya