[Mailman-Developers] Installation of mailman on local machine

Tejas Shah tejas.urwelcome at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 22:08:04 CET 2014

Hi,
    I've been trying to setup mailman on my local machine for contribution
.. I'm currently using instructions in the link below for setup:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/3.0/view/head:/src/mailman/docs/START.rst

Till now, i've configured my bzr and launchpad settings.. branched a
mailman repository using "bzr branch lp:mailman"
I've setup python virtualenv and activated it. Then i ran "$ python
setup.py develop"
Till this, no errors occurred and everything was built successfully.

However, starting the mailman server using "mailman start", when i try to
test using "nose2 -v" , it gives me o/p:

Ran 593 tests in 43.713s
FAILED (failures=11, errors=72)

I guess most of them are for HTTP Sockets.. I tried opening localhost:8001
and its giving "405 Method Not Allowed" error on the page

Please suggest appropriate headers to solve this.

Tejas Shah
IRC nick: jash4