[Mailman-Developers] OT: Re: user table in Mailman3 with PostgreSQL

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Wed Jul 16 16:58:16 CEST 2014

On 07/16/2014 10:34 AM, ML mail wrote:
> Thanks for the trick with the double quotes to escape reserved keywords.

It's probably worth reading the PostgreSQL documentation for this sort
of thing:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/sql-syntax-lexical.html#SQL-SYNTAX-IDENTIFIERS

> Actually I wanted to display the content of the user table to find out in which table are the subscribers of any mailing list recorded. Do you have any idea?

You already know how to find the content of the table:

  select * from "tablename"

If you're asking about inspecting the table structure from the psql
command line, you probably want \d "tablename" or one of its variants.
If you're not familiar with the psql command line, you probably want to
know about the two main help commands: \? and \h.

For further questions about postgresql, you should ask on a
psql-specific mailing list.  The current list is for discussing mailman,
so we are increasingly off-topic.

You can find a good set of postgresql mailing lists here:

 http://www.postgresql.org/list/

Regards,

	--dkg