[Mailman-Developers] OT: Re: user table in Mailman3 with PostgreSQL

ML mail mlnospam at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 16 20:21:51 CEST 2014

Thanks, it all makes sense now!

On Wednesday, July 16, 2014 7:20 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry at list.org> wrote:
On Jul 16, 2014, at 08:20 AM, 'ML mail' via barry wrote:

>Thanks for the details but actually I was now only asking in which table are
>stored the e-mail addresses of a mailing's list subscribers? I thought they
>would be stored in the "user" table but I can't see any e-mail addresses
>there, neither in the member table.

Correct.  It's useful to understand the model.

http://pythonhosted.org//mailman/src/mailman/docs/8-miles-high.html#user-model

Users have an id and a display name.  Addresses are separate objects linked to
at most one user.  A user can be linked to many addresses.  Members associate
an address/user with a mailing list[*] under a specific role.  Rosters are
"magical" objects which perform queries to answer questions like "all the
regular delivery members of a mailing list" or "all of the list's moderators".

So the information you're looking for isn't captured in a single table.
You'll have to do a query to get the email addresses of a mailing list's
subscribers.  Take a look at the roster implementations for details.

Cheers,
-Barry

[*] A member links a user only if that user has a preferred address.