[Mailman-Developers] listarchiver table missing from postgresql schema

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Mon Jul 28 19:39:23 CEST 2014

On Jul 22, 2014, at 07:59 AM, 'ML mail' via barry wrote:

>You might then also be interested to follow the bug I submitted for this
>purpose: Bug #1343137 “listarchiver table missing from postgresql schema” :
>Bugs : GNU Mailman

I'd love to apply Aurélien's patch, although as I mention in the MP, it would
be good to have some tests.  However, there's a bigger problem with PostgreSQL
support: LP: #1170063

https://code.launchpad.net/bugs/1170063

This prevents me from running the MM3 test suite on my development machine.
The patch in that bug apparently doesn't actually fix the problem and/or
breaks a Storm API guarantee.  I don't have any brilliant ideas on how to
unstick that bug.

A while back I did look at migrating MM3 to SQLAlchemy, which would also solve
one of our showstopper bugs on the way to porting to Python 3.  It's not a
trivial piece of work though and I'm not a SA expert.  If anybody is
interested in helping out here, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,