[Mailman-Developers] [Mailman CLI Project] Subscription and Membership related Actions

Rajeev S rajeevs1992 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 12:24:03 CEST 2014

Hi,

 The next set of tasks for the coming weeks, before the mid term
evaluation, are mostly subscription and membership related actions for the
CLI.

 The various actions that are to be implemented are

   1.

   Show members of a list

 The `list members of a list` feature is currently available as a part of
the users module, that takes list name as an argument.

  show user –list list at domain.org

   This does not print the names of the list owners and moderators who are
not members of the list by default. They can be added to the list by
appending the `list.owners` and `list.moderators` to the member list. Is
there a necessity of a new command under the `list` scope that does the
same function?

 show-members list list at domain.org

   1.

   Subscribe/Unsubscribe users from a list

 The commands suitably belongs to the user scope

 subscribe user foo at bar.com –list list at domain.org

   1.

   Add/remove owners/moderators

 These commands come under the list scope

 add-owner list list at domain.org –user a at b.com

remove-owner list list at domain.org –user a at b.com

 add-moderator list list at domain.org –user a at b.com

remove-moderator list list at domain.org –user a at b. <a at b.com>com

 and a pair of commands to list the owners and moderators

 show-moderators list list at domain.org

show-owners list list at domain.org

   1.

   Edit/Set list settings

 List preferences can be set or modified using

 edit list list at domain.org –key KEY –value VALUE

   1.

   Setting membership preferences

 set preference –key KEY –value VALUE

Discussions on placing a `domain` attribute to this command have been done,
but I doubt whether a decision was made. I list below a possible usage

 set preference –key KEY --value VALUE [--global/--user USER /--address
ADDRESS]

   1.

   Describe instance

 Describe instance can be used to display the details of an instance, like
settings and preferences. This can be achieved by extending the `show`
command of each instance, by passing a key to the specific instance, like

 show list list at domain.org

show user foo at bar.com

show domain domain.org

 The details available for the object `user`

addresses

created_on

display_name

preferences

self_link

subscribed lists, with role

user id

 Details available for domain

base_url

contact_address

description

show lists

mail_host

url_host

 Details available for object list

 list_id

list_name

mail host

members

moderators

owners

pending requests

settings

 The above details can be displayed in groups, with appropriate group
headings.

 BTW,I have pushed the r57 that adds the unit tests for the `lists`. The
unit tests for the `users` will be a part of the next revision, r58. Apart
from that, I would like to add the `describe instance`,
`subscribe/unsubscribe' features for the r58.