[Mailman-Developers] Disabling SELinux

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jun 19 03:05:14 CEST 2014

On 06/18/2014 09:51 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> Do we have better advice than just "disable SELinux" to offer?

I'm not sure why the OP had a problem. I suspect it that to do with his
moving lists from an older Fedora server to a newer RHEL server and
something to do with security policy settings or lack thereof on the
moved files.

In any case, RHEL Mailman is supposed to be SELinux compatible. See the
FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/KYCB>.

However, that doesn't address the larger question of how to make Mailman
in general, particularly if installed from our distribution, SELinux
friendly. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with SELinux or similar
security policy management configuration beyond what's in the
mailman-developers thread (from almost 10 years ago now) linked from the
FAQ article. Thus, I'm not the best person to address the larger question.