[Mailman-Developers] [GSoC 2014] Cordova/Android App for GNU Mailman Admin Interface

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sun Mar 2 20:58:05 CET 2014

On Feb 28, 2014, at 10:36 AM, Bhargav Golla wrote:

>2. Can I assume that all mailing lists built by Mailman support the REST
>interface? Also, I have tried to see if I can get JSON responses and I am
>unable to by adding a HTTP Accept Header to take "application/json". Am I
>doing anything wrong or is JSON not implemented?

I'm not sure this question makes sense. ;)  Mailman 3 does expose a REST API,
but in the core, it's a protected (e.g. localhost only by default) admin
interface.  It's not per-mailing list, although there are mailing list
specific resources.  JSON is the only response format currently supported.
See http://tinyurl.com/kzmcwf5 for details.

Cheers,