[Mailman-Developers] [GSoC 2014] Cordova/Android App for GNU Mailman Admin Interface

Bhargav Golla bgolla at g.clemson.edu
Thu Mar 13 05:41:07 CET 2014

Hi Stephen

Thanks for your feedback. I sincerely apologize for CC'ing people in the
mail who weren't mentors. But, during my experience with work at ASF, I was
asked to mention the project head in all mails when there is no mentor
assigned on an idea. That is solely the reason why I included Terri and
Barry (who are on the list of mentors and also responded to my doubts). I
guess the culture varies from organization to organization and I should
have been wary of this or should have followed usual email etiquette. It
was wrong on my part and I am sure this was a learning experience and I
would ensure that this wouldn't happen another time.

Regarding your second comment, I indeed took Terri's suggestion about Intel
XDK and am evaluating it while I am writing the proposal. And I have missed
out Postorius responsive UI project idea. Thanks for pointing it out.

And regarding login screens, I meant them to be like the settings page of
apps where we provide our username and password and it will be saved until
a user wants to revoke it. That way, the user won't be asked for username
and password every time he wants to use the app.

But, taking your suggestions, I think I shouldn't hold back on my proposal
but should send it in and take feedback on it on the whole without asking
individual questions. I will turn it in once I complete it and am sure
there would be much more feedback I can expect from the likes of you.

Thanks