[Mailman-Developers] Virtual Mailman hackathon this weekend: Mailman Suite package!

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Thu Mar 13 21:55:26 CET 2014

Hi all!

Something we've done periodically is try to get everyone on IRC over
the weekend, all working on Mailman at the same time.  It's great time
for people to show and get patches reviewed, chat, and get work done
together.  Everyone is invited!

This weekend's hackathon, my plan is to try and get a Mailman suite
package working.  The final goal is to have it so that "pip install
mailman-suite" will give you a full mailman suite install.  The plan is
to create the "one package to rule them all" version of Mailman Suite,
with Mailman Core, Postorius, and Hyperkitty packaged together,
preferably with Postorius and Hyperkitty sharing a django instance.

I know basically nothing about python packaging, so help from people
who do would be much appreciated (Barry?).  Even the newest student is
just as able to read docs and suggest things as I am on this particular
project. :)

I'm planning to be on #mailman on freenode around 10am PDT until 5pm
PDT on Saturday the 15th, with possibly some more hours on Sunday
depending on how things go and what else I have to get done.    I may
not manage to be actually at my computer every moment of that time since
a friend is doing some filming at my house that day, but I'll try.

Here's a short line of schedule in UTC.  Everyone else, feel free to
add your own planned hours here so we know when we overlap, or just drop
by on the day if you're not sure of your schedule in advance.

Terri : Sat 1700UTC - Sun 0100UTC : Mailman Suite packaging

  Terri