[Mailman-Developers] MM3: message held reason

Aurelien Bompard aurelien at bompard.org
Mon Mar 17 23:59:42 CET 2014

Hey!

On Mailman3, every "message held" notification has "XXX" as the
reason. This comes from the HoldChain class in mailman/chains/hold.py,
where "XXX" is hardcoded.
I'd like to fix that. I think there could be a list in the message
metadata to which each matching rule would add a short description of
why it matched, like we currently have a list of matching rules in the
msgdata['rule_hits'] variable.
I'll make sure to mark these descriptions as i18n strings.

Are you OK with that? Any trap I'm not seeing?

Aurélien