[Mailman-Developers] Testing MM3

Kẏra kxra at riseup.net
Fri Mar 28 06:10:07 CET 2014

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 1:04 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen at xemacs.org>wrote:

> Kẏra writes:
>
>  > I keep hearing about the need for migration scripts, but all
>  > indicates that these do not exist yet (via blocking bug for the
>  > next MM3 beta). Is that true?
>
> Yup.  It's not hard, if you have the skills necessary to setup a
> current Mailman 3 beta installation, you almost certainly have the
> skills to migrate Mailman 2 lists to a Mailman 3 installation (perhaps
> with consultation here!)

Well, I haven't done either of those yet, but I'd love some help doing so!
If you or anyone else has the time to assist, my irc handle is kxra on
freenode, oftc, and gnome

> Obviously, we can't require even that level of skill in a public
> release, so the scripts are a blocker.  But such scripts are a
> non-trivial exercise even when what they implement is "easy": they
> need documentation, tests, and intelligible error and warning
> messages.
>
>  > Is there a way to keep tabs on the progress towards the beta 4
>  > release?  looking at launchpad, it looks like development and beta
>  > releases were steady up to the last beta. Is there a reason for
>  > that?
>
> I'm not sure what you're asking.

just how i can keep track of the work being done towards the next beta
release. like a page which lists the tasks that need to be done and where
they stand.

Thanks!

--
Board of Directors, Free Culture Foundation: www.freeculture.org