[Mailman-Developers] ANNOUNCE: The GNU Mailman 3 suite, beta 1 preview

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Sat May 3 17:36:59 CEST 2014

On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 10:22 AM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
> On 05/03/2014 07:15 AM, Tom Browder wrote:
>> If I want the latest development version of Mailman should I use the
>> announced lp address above or the one I'm using now:
>>
>> Related branches:
>>   parent branch: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/3.0/
>> revision-id: barry at list.org-20140101145942-b9vqi0xmcewpk4mb
>> date: 2014-01-01 09:59:42 -0500
>> build-date: 2014-05-03 10:07:35 -0400
>> revno: 7232
>

> Now I'm confused, but it looks like you are looking at a local (to you)
> branch that you branched at rev 7232 from lp:mailman or
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/3.0/ or some other
> alias for that branch.

That's correct--the aliases are very confusing to me, but I apparently
have the right remote repo branched.

After I did a 'bzr pull' I got the proper revision.

I had done a 'bzr update' but got no response--hence my confusion
since I branched from the right place.

Now I see I am 'unbound', so I have executed 'bzr bind <...>' and can
now do 'bzr update' successfully and am at rev 7251.

I assume a 'checkout' instead of a 'branch' would have put me in the
same state as I am now.

Thanks, Mark.

Best regards,

-Tom