[Mailman-Developers] Anyone tried the DMARC mail address translucent forwarder hack?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri May 16 18:05:52 CEST 2014

On 05/16/2014 08:50 AM, John Levine wrote:
>> and a really evil one where you append a name
>> that points to a server that rewrites the address and remails it, e.g.
>> mmeyer at yahoo.com.remail.lists.org -> mmeyer at yahoo.com.
>
> This is apparently what LISTSERV does, give or take details of the
> syntax of the forwarding address.
>
> Has anyone tried this with Mailman?
>
> R's,
> John
>
> PS: You don't have to tell me all the reasons it's not a good idea.
> I'm just wondering how bad an idea it turns out to be in practice.

I'm not very expert in this area, but it seems at least with the above,
you'd need DNS entries for yahoo.com.remail.lists.org,
aol.com.remail.lists.org, thenextone.com.remail.lists.org,
theoneafterthat.com.remail.lists.org, ... and that would be a real pain.
Something like mmeyer=yahoo.com at remail.lists.org for the address might
be better.