[Mailman-Developers] [GSoC 2014] Mailman CLI Project

Rajeev S rajeevs1992 at gmail.com
Sat May 31 04:50:26 CEST 2014

On Friday 30 May 2014 07:09 PM, Abhilash Raj wrote:
> On Fri, 30 May 2014 18:12:18 +0530
> Rajeev S <rajeevs1992 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I agree that an override for the confirmation message is necessary so that
>> the CLI
>> commands can be used in scripts and I would like to follow Barry's
>> suggestion of using
>> a `--yes` or `--force` switch. (Isn't --force more common than --yes, as in
>> `rm -f` ?)
> No, as I think, `--yes` and `--force` or `-f` have different use cases.
> For conformations `--yes` is used most of the times, it says 'hey I
> know you are going to ask this question and my answer would be yes'.
> While `--force` is to actually *force* any operation that cannot be
> completed otherwise.

Ok. I will go with the --yes.

> Good to hear that. Did you give TDD a try?

Not yet, I wrote a few test cases for the existing units using
python untitest.

I will try to focus on following TDD for the next set of units.

>> Also, I would like to ask how the tests should be triggered. Should
>> there be a `mmclient test` with a set of possible switches like `all`
>> ,`domain`, `list`, `user` etc?
>> Or should the customary `python setup.py test` be used?
> You can use `nose2` for that, like mailman does. It automatically
> discovers all the tests in directories specified and runs them.

Ok.

> What detail profile are you talking about? Apart from addresses and
> name(optional) does mailman store any other data about a user? You can
> show the lists he is subscribed to, but `describe user` may not be an
> appropriate command for that. Maybe you can add it in users scope
> itself like
>    `mmclient user a at b.org --list-subscriptions`
> Others may have different thoughts though.

The following are the details that are available for a user

1.Addresses
2. Subscriptions
(3. Subscription list id's)
4.Preferences