[Mailman-Developers] ORM layer transition

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Nov 4 00:57:15 CET 2014

Guillaume Libersat writes:

 > It looks to run smoothly in my test environment, how crazy is it to
 > try it on the production server? Any chance to corrupt the DB? :)

Only you can judge craziness, but I would say, yes, there is a chance
of DB corruption that is higher than before the migration.  No
reflection on anybody's work here, but different ORMs make slightly
different assumptions about the workflow and interfaces.  It's not
easy to get all these things absolutely correct when migrating.

I don't think the risk is very high; if I were already running a
production server with data I worried about (my server is production
in a sense but it would be the work of 15 minutes to reproduce the
subscriber list by hand :-), I'd just back up twice a day instead of
once.