[Mailman-Developers] Patches to mailman-2.1.18 to use FreeBSD "kqueue"

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Fri Oct 31 21:28:19 CET 2014

On Oct 31, 2014, at 02:53 PM, Phil Budne wrote:

>This may be of greatest interest to FreeBSD & MacOS "port"
>maintainers..  I've been running these patches to mailman
>mailman-2.1.18.1 to use "kqueue" to watch the queue directories since
>August.
>
>It looks like the "inotify" facility on Linux might do the job, but
>it's not among Python's "included batteries" (yet)

I'd be supportive of a patch to MM3 to support kqueue/inotify.  There appear
to be several inotify modules available on PyPI, and even at least two in
Debian (with pyinotify looking to have both Python 2 and 3 support).  Other
than that, I don't know which one is "better".

Would you be interested in putting together a merge proposal for MM3?

Cheers,