[Mailman-Developers] wrong path to python 3.4 while installing mailman 3

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Apr 17 21:00:53 CEST 2015

On 04/17/2015 11:24 AM, Danil Smirnov wrote:

> But I've got the same error again:
>
> Installing mailman.
> The executable /usr/bin/python3.4 (from --python=/usr/bin/python3.4)
> does not exist
> /tmp/tmplM1FLA/run: line 2:
> /usr/local/src/mailman-bundler/venv-3.4/bin/pip: Нет такого файла или
> каталога
> While:
>   Installing mailman.
>
> I wonder don't I need to do
>
> ln -s /usr/local/bin/python3.4 /usr/bin/python3.4
>
> as the error says?

That will probably get around this, but I don't think it should be
necessary.

At this point, I suspect you haven't activated the venv that you had
active when you started. (Every time you start a new shell, you have to
activate the venv for that shell.)

Note also that the document at
<http://mailman-bundler.readthedocs.org/en/latest/> is NOT the latest. I
suggest you remove your mailman-bundler branch and get the latest with
'bzr branch lp:mailman-bundler' (or maybe just update yours with 'bzr
pull' and remove the venv and venv-3.4 directories), and follow the
README.rst in the latest rev.