[Mailman-Developers] Why is postorius using python2?

Abhilash Raj raj.abhilash1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 01:03:53 CEST 2015

Hi Simon,

On 08/03/2015 06:04 PM, Simon Hanna wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I just downloaded the mailman3 code to see if I can contribute anything.
> I was astonished to find out that postorius still uses python2
> although mailman made the switch to python3.
> Is there any reason behind this?

Not really, its just that we switched the core before 3.0 release and
are going to switch postorius too very soon! I infact have a python2/3
compatible branch which runs in python3 without any errors. The reason I
haven't sent a pull request is that it is still in bzr on launchpad.

> I asked on the irc channel but got no answer so I'm trying here.

I did reply on the list, you probably were gone by then!

> I executed the tests, and ran into some errors.
> If this work is going to be included sometime,
> I'm willing to investigate and try to fix these errors.

Thanks for your interest though!

--
thanks,
Abhilash Raj