[Mailman-Developers] Merging users

Aurelien Bompard aurelien at bompard.org
Tue Aug 4 17:52:48 CEST 2015

> Actually merging two existing users is indeed a tricky thing because users
> link to so many other interesting bits and pieces.  Two separate users have
> two separate memberships, linked addresses, preferred addresses, and yes,
> preferences.  There are also the created_on, display_name, and (the mostly
> unused) password attributes.
>
> How deep does merging users go?

Abhilash's fix is good but I need to actually merge users, so here's
how I would do it.
https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/merge_requests/32
The change sits on top of Abhilash's, so there's no conflict.

I don't think I'm missing anything as far as users are concerned, but
please have a look :-)

Cheers,
Aurélien