[Mailman-Developers] [Mailman 3] Granting Postorius web access to Mailman users?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Aug 12 03:28:04 CEST 2015

Barry Warsaw writes:

 > One of the things I think we need is better holistic documentation which
 > describes how to use the integrated system,

The big problem is that as Simon points out we no longer have a truly
centralized database.  Each component now keeps user information
related to itself, but it's not communicated across the components
very well.  ISTM the core exports pretty good information, but it has
no ability to grant privileges in the other components.  The other
components are in a "pull" relationship with core, so core isn't
really able to get information from them.  We need to think about
providing better communication among the components.

I wonder if we might not have been better off using an object-oriented
database like MongoDB for the core.  That would allow adding
components from external sources as the external sources require.