[Mailman-Developers] Student looking to contribute towards GNU Mailman

Abhilash Raj raj.abhilash1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 12:15:50 EST 2015

Hi Rishab,

On 12/29/2015 06:32 PM, Rishab Jaju wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I am a third year student looking to contribute towards GNU Mailman for the
> upcoming Google Summer of Code program.
>
> I am very proficient in C++, Java, Python and Scheme. I have done some
> projects in machine learning as well as NLP.
>
> What level of knowledge would I need to contribute to the project? What
> sort of project would be appropriate for my skill set?

There is no specific knowledge level that is required to contribute to
GNU Mailman project except basic Python and common sense. You can get
started by looking at the issues and reading code for the mailman
project that you can find at the project website. If it is not already
clear from the website, I would tell you that the development is focused
around Mailman 3.0 and its sister projects.

Getting started is same as every year, so you can look at the last
year's GSoC page in the mailman wiki till we create and update the new
page for 2016.