[Mailman-Developers] Support for X-No-Archive

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Thu Feb 12 15:30:33 CET 2015

On Feb 12, 2015, at 01:42 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

>apparently does occur in the wild, if we can confirm that the semantics
>of this should be 'do archive', file a bug and I'll fix it.

It's been ages, but IIRC the reason for accepting any value is exactly because
of the double negative.  People had a difficult time parsing it out, and as
you observe, it doesn't make much sense to deliberately say "X-No-Archive: no".

It's crappy (inherited, historical) ui but it's not a bug.

Cheers,