[Mailman-Developers] Support for X-No-Archive

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Fri Feb 13 03:42:42 CET 2015

On Thu, 12 Feb 2015, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> Andrew Daviel writes:
>
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-No-Archive says
> > "If the X-No-Archive field is set to "No", or the field is absent, a
> > Usenet archive will not recognize a prohibition on archiving the message."
> >
> > Experimentally, if I add "X-No-Archive: no" in Alpine or
> > Thunderbird, pipermail will not archive the message,
>
> Do you consider that a bug?

I'm not sure. When I look at the Mailman documentation, it's clear
enough, so it's a feature. But it seems at variance with the other
applications mentioned.

I was trying to add the header without reading the documentation -
the other custom header already in my configuration file had a value, so
I assumed that a value was required. Turned out it was not.

- I realized later that XNA doesn't actually solve my problem; mail
headers don't get promoted when forwarding mail. I need X-No-Forward...

Andrew