[Mailman-Developers] Postorius test debugging problem : tests_forms.py

Pranjal Yadav godricglow at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 02:56:02 CET 2015

I started writing tests to improve the coverage for postorius and I ran
into few problems which I couldn't solve for past few days. I added few new
test cases and re-ran tox. It seems somehow none of the tests ran although
the tox output says "ran 11 tests in 72.332s, failures = 3"

Here is the link to my tests : http://pastebin.com/1jLhVsr2
I did change a few things in forms.py : http://pastebin.com/2P3vXW7W

After running these tests I realized UserNewTest and ListNewTest never
runs, though tox outputs it ran 11 test and failed 3 (mainly the assertTrue
for listname, password and email methods), when I tried tox -e
py27-django1.7 -- postorius.tests.test_forms.UserNewTest, it says 0 tests
ran in 0.001s

1) So I don't understand why the assertTrue validation is failing though
all the inputs to the form is prefect? I talked to Aurelien and Abhliash
and also followed (
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.7/ref/forms/validation/#validating-fields-with-clean)
however it left me with the same situation.

2) If the tests run with tox then why do they not run when a particular
testcase is tested?

3) I discussed this problem with Aurelien and he mentioned  "Form class
shouldn't do anything in its __init__ function" however we do have __inti__
functions in our forms.py. So do we need to modify something there?

--
*Pranjal Yadav*