[Mailman-Developers] Introduction and Issues with the mailman interface.

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sat Feb 21 14:18:02 CET 2015

Acho Arnold writes:

 > I have been using mailman for a long time now and I've always
 > wondered why the interface looked **poor** in my opinion.  I would
 > like to know if you guys (developers) also share my pain

No, not really. :-)  Speaking for myself there.  But for many Mailman
workers, modern look as well as modern functionality is the reason for
creating two new projects alongside Mailman 3.  The user interface and
archive interface functions have been split off from the core database
and mail distribution functions.

 > or if there is a specific reason why the UI hasn't been cleaned up?

Partly because we're not so interested in that side of things.  For
the last several years, the main reason has been that Mailman 3 has
been proceding well, and the Django-based interfaces there are much
more fun to work with than the Mailman 2 CGI/static page interfaces.

 > Please can someone give me an update on the status of the UI
 > improvements?

URLs for the projects:

Postorius (User Management):
    https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/postorius/
HyperKitty (archiver):
    https://fedorahosted.org/hyperkitty/

I'm not sure about the best resource for status on those projects, but
the principal developer hang out on this list and all have been active
recently.