[Mailman-Developers] Announcing the new wiki.list.org

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sun Feb 22 19:02:06 CET 2015

On Monday 9. February 2015 23.57.56 Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Feb 09, 2015, at 02:45 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> >Shall we go ahead and make it the default theme for new users?
>
> +1

While away from my computer and thus unable to really do anything, I noticed
that the theme resources for various extensions hadn't been incorporated into
the new wiki theme, making things like comments look unstyled. See the
community home page for an example of comments:

https://wiki.list.org/COM/Home

I have now run the necessary commands to install these resources into the
mailman theme and to make sure that the stylesheet picks up the additional CSS
rules from a couple of separate files. In practice, it's just a matter of
copying two files into the theme directories and adding some @import
directives to the screen.css and print.css files, but I tend to use a program
I wrote myself to take care of these chores.

Apologies for not picking up on this earlier: I was so excited by the new
theme that I forgot to consider this additional task!

Paul

P.S. I've also added a help page for the enhanced tables that also form part
of the migrated content, fixing a bug that for some reason only manifested
itself on this wiki at the very moment of deploying the page, despite me using
this extension on personal sites for several years, thus prompting a long-
overdue "what was I thinking?" moment (but also making me wonder a bit about
Moin's formatting machinery). However, *regular* table formatting does seem to
be particularly fussy on this wiki, but not on any other Moin 1.8 or 1.9
installation I've ever seen, for reasons I haven't yet figured out.